"Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”. Your skin is the portrayal of how healthy you are and so it is quite necessary to maintain and nourish your skin with special care. With the ever-increasing pollution, a clear complexion might seem like a delusion, but with little caution and concern, it is quite achievable. However, more often than not, we keep on wandering in the mirage of advertisements and experiment with different creams, toners, bleaches, and facemasks in an attempt to get a better complexion. We hop from one product to other in the belief that the next one might work as a miracle potion and finally end up with worse skin and lighter pockets. What we do not know, however, is that getting a clear complexion is both a work on inner health added with outer care. Steps have to be taken in order to achieve an instinctual and salubrious glow not only externally, but also from within. Here are some guidelines on how to get a clearer complexion and obtain a gleaming healthy skin naturally.
How To Get A Clear Complexion
Before giving your skin any treatment, you need to know certain dos and don’ts
- Analyze your skin to identify your skin type
- Make sure you use the right kind of skin products that suits your skin—like toners, scrubs, bleaches, sunscreen lotions or exfoliation agents, etc.
- Do not try to meddle with your acne/pimple.
- Remove your makeup before going to bed
- Wash your face often, daily with clean cold/luke warm water. You could add few drops of rose water to it as it vitalizes and gives freshness to your skin
- Use makeup only when you really have a need, trying to cover up your faulty skin with makeup won’t help, it might just be a temporary solution.
- Drink plenty of water, at least 10 glasses every day.
- Include any form of physical exercise of your choice at least for about 30 minutes every day. You can choose from a varied variety from skipping, walking, warm up exercise, yoga, aerobics, to even some dance form.
- Avoid junk food, deeply fried oily foodstuffs. Instead, drink lots of fluids, especially fresh fruit juices. Have a balance diet.
- Avoid anxiety and stress. Decline in mental health leads to decline in physical wellness. Start meditation, practice deep breathing exercises which will allow your body to get ample supply of oxygen.
- Stay away from smoking/drinking.
- Have disciplined hygienic habits and keep yourself clean.
- Visit a dermatologist if you have a serious skin and complexion problem.
Homemade Recipes For Clear Complexion
- Mix 1 tablespoon of lime juice, cucumber juice, tomato juice and honey each and apply it on your skin and leave for about 15 minutes and wash it with cold water. Repeat this treatment for 15 days and you can observe a visibly fairer complexion.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of gram flour (besan flour) and ½ a teaspoon of turmeric in a small bowl and apply it on your face and neck and leave it for about 20 minutes. Later wash it thoroughly by mildly scrubbing it out. This treatment also reduces body hair gradually and gives clear complexion.
- Mix ½ cup of oatmeal and 1 tablespoon of yogurt, turmeric and 2 teaspoons of tomato juice and few lime slices in a bowl and apply it on your skin and leave the pack for 20 minutes
- Cut a stem of an aloe vera plant. Cut it horizontally, extract the gel-like ingredient from inside, and apply it on your skin. Repeat this process for about a month. You can find a clearer skin texture and complexion
- Mix 2 teaspoons of sandalwood powder/paste, 2 teaspoons of black gram powder, 1 tablespoon of almond oil and 1 teaspoon of milk. Mix it into a paste and apply it on your skin and leave it for about 20 or 30 minutes
- Mix 1 teaspoon of milk powder, minimal amount of hydrogen peroxide liquid, 2 Vitamin E capsules, ¼ spoon of castor oil, ¼ cup of egg white and 3 to 4 drops of glycerin and apply it on your skin and leave it for about 10 minutes and wash it with cold water.
- Use few papaya pieces, ½-teaspoon honey, ¼ cup of milk, basil leaves (tulsi) and few drops of limewater. Mix it into a paste and apply it on your skin and apply it on your skin regularly for a clear, healthy complexion.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of cocoa powder, 3 teaspoons of papaya milk, few drops of honey and ¼ cup of oatmeal powder, 2 spoons of cucumber juice, 1 spoon of milk into a fine thin paste and dab it to your skin using cotton balls and wipe it after 20 minutes.
- Consume fruits like orange, apple, guava, peach, pears, papaya etc., dry fruits like almonds, walnut, apricot etc., and vegetables like carrot, cucumber, beetroot etc., that are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin E, calcium and iron that are essential to have a clear complexion.
- Go for natural bleaching treatments once in a while.
- Prepare juice with a proportionate amount of carrot, orange, ginger, cucumber, tomato, and apple. This helps in improving your skin complexion, cleansing your system, and eliminating bad health.
- Prepare juice with a proportionate amount of apple, papaya, pineapple, kiwi, and milk. This helps in improving your complexion and metabolism.